The entrance to the Hall faces north and has three projecting bays with gables surmounting them, but only two on the South side. The house is built of brick with stone plinth, Quoins, string course, mullioned windows and doorways, also Tudor fireplaces. The main Hall occupies the whole of the centre of the house, having a large open fireplace. Above the oak mantelshelf are plaster figures, probably once flanked the arms of the owner. Opening out from the Hall Is the withdrawing room, this room has a plaster ceiling depicting the Indian corn plant with its cobs partially shelled, the bay in this room has a date on the ceiling of 1680 and the walls are clad in oak panelling from the Stuart Period. The staircase in the Hall is an early oak newel staircase that leads to the Great Chamber which occupies the whole of the centre of the Hall on the first floor. In this room is a priests hiding place that was believed to have been used during the Civil War, when the room was discovered some years ago it contained two large flagons that dated from that period. In more recent years plans for the priest hole were found dating to the 1920s, so it would seem to be fake, probably added for character. The dining room is panelled in the Jacobean style as is the above bedroom; both these rooms have deep window recesses at each side of the fireplace, one of which is another hiding place. The glass in the leaded windows of the Hall is original; one of the windows has the name Robert Favell 1712 scratched into it. The design of the garden is based upon the instructions published in a book called "English Housewife's Garden" dated from 1679. Divided into several rectangular panels, each has its own individual features. On the right as you step from the Hall are the 15th Century foundations of Bradford Hall, beyond these are the lawns which are separated from the ornamental maze by a yew hedge. To the right of the maze is the knot garden and to the left is the mount. At the bottom of the gardens is part of the original moat; alongside is the summerhouse that was built with two columns taken from Wakefield Market Cross in 1866.